How to install MediaWiki in Linux hosting?
For example, you wish to install Media Wiki in "wiki" folder then you should extract the MediaWiki files/folders under this "wiki" folder. You should open this folder via browser as shown below:
It will ask you to set up MediaWiki.
Click on "Set up the wiki link" to proceed with the installation page.
Step 1: Site config
In this section, you will have to choose a name for your wiki, contact email, language and license. You will also have to set an admin username, password and select a caching method.
Step 2: E-mail, e-mail notification and authentication setup
In this step, you should configure email features for your wiki installation.
Step 3: Database config
In this section, you will have to set up your MySQL database details:
- Select MySQL for Database type.
- Type "localhost" for Database host.
- Enter database name, database username and password in MySQL database, username and password you created while you set up database from cPanel.
- The option for Superuser account should be left unchecked.
Step 4: MySQL specific options
- Database table prefix. You can leave this blank or type in a table prefix, for example mw_ or wiki_.
- Storage Engine. We recommend using InnoDB as a storage engine for your database.
- Database character set. Here, we recommend using Backwards-compatible UTF-8.
When you are ready, click on [Install MediaWiki!] button.
If everything has been set up correctly, you should see the Installation successful message like below:
Was this answer helpful?
By default the web-contents will be loaded from public_html directory of your domain. If you want...
Pointing one domain to another domain is called Domain Parking. For e.g. yourdomain.com ->...
In Linux Shared Hosting, we have restricted the upload size limit to 2 MB but we can raise it to...
Though, there is no direct way of displaying statistics of your domain on your website, you can...
No, due to security reasons, we do not provide remote MySQL in Linux Shared Hosting.